Flying made easy by Paraglide Canada
Call or Text to Fly Tandem! 250-308-9389
Paragliding in Canada, pure aviation fun!
Teaching Paragliding For More Than 23 Years!
- Paragliding Lesson Packages and SIV Courses
- Paragliding Equipment Sales & Service
- Paramotor Instruction and Sales
- 8 Acre Flight Centre, Huge Ground Handling Lawn and Landing Zone.
- Clubhouse, Meeting Room and Retail Shop
- Tandem Flight Packages
- International Paragliding Tours
- Free Wi-Fi On Site
- Office Tel : 250-503-1962
- Cell/Text : 250-308-9389
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn Derouin is a Seasoned Adventure Sports Enthusiast:
- Former competitive skier/skydiver (Competed in Europe on the Canadian Paraski Team).
- Active skydiver (over 900 jumps).
- Former professional ski patroller.
- 25 years as paraglider pilot (former competitor on the Canadian Team at PWC)
- Senior HPAC paragliding flight instructor and tandem paragliding pilot & instructor.
- Former paragliding program developer and instructor for the British Army adventure training program.
- International paragliding tour organizer & leader, has flown across the world.
- Trained in fixed wing light aircraft.
- Paramotor pilot and world record holder In paramotoring distance.
- World traveler and international motorcycle touring enthusiast.
- Active road/mountain bike rider and all-around “fitness freak”.
Glenn Derouin achieved a New world record in paramotor flight – distance record 8250km in 2 months, set in Australia, Winter 2012.
Understanding the Price of Paragliding Instruction.
Like most things, “You Get What You Pay For” also applies to paragliding lessons. Cheaper is not always the best or safest option. Here are some points to probe before you book your course:
- Do all the instructors hold a valid HPAC rating?
- How experienced are the instructors in actual paragliding flight and in the teaching of foot-launched flight?
- Does the course provide new certified gliders and equipment and is use of the equipment included in the course fee?
- What hidden fees are involved as you progress through your flight training?
- Are you required to purchase equipment to complete a full course of lessons and/or achieve a rating?
- Do all training flights include a certified instructor on launch AND in the landing zone to assess and guide you from correct launch right through to proper and safe landing?
- What is the student/instructor ratio on the course?
- Does your flight school own and operate a dedicated training facility, including purpose-built training facilities for ground-school as well as privately owned or leased land (training hills) for ground-handling and flight training?
- Are alternate launch sites available facing different directions to accommodate differing wind directions?
- Are the launch sites well maintained, easily accessible and unintimidating?
- Is camping available at the flight school or close to the training facility?
- What alternate activities are made available for non-flying days?
Paragliding is a form of aviation. Fully developing your paragliding skills and participating enjoyably in the sport over the long term depends a lot on the thoroughness of your initial instruction. Quality, certified instruction is money well invested.
“Hey Glenn, I really wanted to say thank you for an amazing experience these past few weeks. You are a great teacher and I so appreciate the way you looked after me.”
Ron Clark – MD, Fernie, BC. Paragliding Student
Fly BC…with a paraglider!
Paraglide Canada can show you how to become a foot-launched paragliding pilot from our purpose-built flight centre located along Highway 6 in Coldstream, BC. Get the facts on paragliding from Glenn Derouin, fully rated senior paragliding instructor with The Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association of Canada and owner/operator of Paraglide Canada. Let Glenn introduce you to a whole new way to look at the world… from above.
Learn to fly on your holiday in the beautiful Okanagan Valley
, B.C. – a wonderful vacation destination!
Paraglide Canada is located near Vernon, BC – the heart of the Okanagan Valley. This area offers some of the best terrain and features the most consistent weather conditions for paragliding in all of Canada !
If you’re looking to make a well-rounded holiday out of your visit, Vernon just happens to be a terrific vacation spot between 3 lakes , beachs , camping ,boating , mtn biking ,winerys and stunning scenery, many options for activities besides flying for family and entertainment . Learn to fly and have a great vacation at the same time!
P.O. Box 1888, Vernon,
British Columbia, Canada,
Office Tel : 250-503-1962
Cell or text : 250-308-9389