Fly Tandem! Get the Feeling of a Paraglider Flight
Call or Text to Fly Tandem! 250-308-9389
Try paragliding with a tandem flight – $190.00 + Tax
(GoPro Video/Photos available by request – Fee: $40.00)
Tandem Flight Summary Details
- No prior instruction needed. (You will be briefed at launch)
- Paragliders launch from a rounded slope, not a cliff.
- Please bring: long pants, athletic/hiking shoes, light jacket, water, sunscreen, camera.
- Flights last between 10-30 minutes (depending on conditions) and can be from mild to wild – it’s up to you!
- Passenger weight range: 60-230 lbs. Ages 8-80.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tandem Paragliding with Paraglide Canada.
Are you on BC time?
We are in the Pacific Time Zone – that is, we are in the same time zone as Vancouver. We are one hour behind Alberta time and/or those coming from eastern BC in the Mountain Time Zone.
What happens when I get there?
Here is a step by step guide…
- Meet at the Paraglide Canada Flight Centre or contact us to arrange a meeting point at the flying site.
- Check in, sign waivers, re-check of weather conditions meet your pilots.
- Take a 30 minute drive to the launch location.
- At launch your pilot will put you into your harness and prepare the equipment.
- Review the take off procedure.
- Take flight, enjoy airtime, as you fly back to the landing zone!
Do you just jump off cliffs?
No. There is no jumping and no cliffs. A Tandem Paraglider is launched from a well-groomed, grassy slope. Together with the instructor/pilot, you take some running strides and are gently lifted off the ground as the glider begins to fly.
How long does the whole thing take?
Flight time is generally between 10- 30 min.
Are there any restrictions?
For your own safety it is advised that you inform us at time of booking of any health problems. For example: Circulation problems, pregnancies, epilepsy, etc. We must be informed of any artificial knees, hips or ankles. We do have weight restrictions in place (from approx. 60 lbs – 230 lbs) if you are under or over these weights please inform us at the time of booking. Depending on weather conditions other weights can be accommodated on an individual basis.
What do I need?
You will need sturdy footwear, long pants, wind breaker or light jacket, sun glasses, sunscreen and camera if you like (you’ll be able to use it in flight). A reasonable standard of fitness is required.
Where is your flight Centre?
We are located approximately 12 kilometers east of Vernon on Highway 6. Please view the Google map at the bottom of our Contact-Locate Page for directions.
If you need more information, please contact us.
Visit the Thompson Okanagan Region – ParaglideCanada Feature:
Please contact Paraglide Canada:
Office: 250-503-1962 ,